Who We Are
In 1958, a Baptist Mission was formed in Woodstock sponsored by the Calvary Baptist Church, Winchester, Virginia. Sunday School was held for the first time on October 19, 1958 and the first Women’s Missionary Union was organized in January 1959.
The Woodstock Baptist Church, a Southern Baptist Church, was established in Woodstock, Virginia on February 1, 1959. Thirty-two members covenanted together to form the first church of this denomination in the history of Woodstock. The service was held in the Uptown Theater building on Main Street with a large number of Baptists, mainly from the sponsoring church in attendance.
In 1974 we began holding services at our present location on Lakeview Drive in Woodstock Virginia. God has been faithful and the church has grown according to the riches of His grace.
We are sinners saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ, Glorify God, and make Him known wherever He takes us. We continue to serve and love our community, and invite all to come to the knowledge of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.